We sell them but I have no experience with them. I do know that customers
really like them once they get a test model onsite.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Weber [mailto:mrk...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 11:09 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: F5 ARX opinions

Hi all -

We are looking into purchasing a file virtualization solution and the one
that I'm currently most interested in is the F5 ARX.
Does anyone have any in production or experience using them? I'm interested
in hearing how well they work, any gotchas, etc.

We mostly want them for the global namespace and the ability to move files
behind the scenes so we can replace NetApps, Windows servers, and Samba
servers without any downtime.

I would welcome pointers to other competing solutions as well if you are
aware of any.

thanks

mark weber
university of iowa