I had "great" service at home.

Call in a repair for the telephone line which has noise.

A DSL guy eventually appears and says they sent him because the phone people
are short staffed (layoffs) and proceeds to wipe the config on my DSL modem.

Call that in and they said a person will be out in a week.   Tell them no; you
broke it you fix it now.  "Can't help you"   Let me talk to the manager.  Get
angry with manager and a person will be out the next day.

Person never shows.

Call it in and get sent to DSL support.   Can't get access to it with the
default password.   Support says I have to buy a new modem because it's old.
Tell them no; your person broke it they have to repair it or replace it.
"Can't help you"   Let me talk to the manager.  Get angry with manager and a
person will be out the next Day.

A telephone person shows up and announces the lines are ok so DSL should work.
Duh!  The modem config was wiped and the default password doesn't work!!!!!

Wife calls it in and they try to go through queue card support.   Wife cuts it
off.   Somebody else talks to her and tells her we have to get a new modem
because I broke it.   Wife goes ballistic and asks for the director.
Person will be out today.  Director gives his number.

Person never shows.

Wife calls director that evening and a very grumpy DSL person announces the
modem config was wiped and the wrong default password was given to us.   Asks
who did it and proceeds to call that person up and yells at them.

DSL restored.

Side note:  They had to have support tickets for both DSL and the telephone and
they made no sense from the comments section as per grumpy dsl guy.   He said
they are going through hell because they laid off a large portion of the front
desk people and outsourced it to cheaper better talent.

I wonder how many elderly people and or tech illiterate people have been ripped
off with "you have to buy a new modem"