Sorry for the off topic post but this is the most knowledgeable group of
folks I know. I am trying to sort out some issues with an IP phone
installation, the scenario is as follows: 6 IP phones that speak to a hosted
VOIP service (versature.com) this was running over a normal DSL connection
and it was discovered that the DSL had a very low sync rate and a very high
latency (bad for IP phones) so they contracted to have a T1 installed *but*
the call quality still has issues (breaking up). I am trying to think of
what could be causing the issue.

the latency is minimal <30ms
the bandwidth is more than enough now (T1 reports 1.47mbs up and 1.46 down)
the switch is 10/100/1000
the firewall is also 10/100/1000 on the LAN side (NETgear SRXN3205)
Wan side is a Cisco 1841 (Bell Canada Owned, I have no access to)

This is not @ my dayjob it is however @ my wife's dayjob (so my B@lls are in
it to try and help)

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas where to look,

cheers
--Steve