No, John.

The gripe is that you appear to be too impatient to sit still long enough
for anyone to help you. The reason you were given a hard time about buying
from third party (after someone from this list recommended said 3rd party)
is simply because you came back to this list and said you should have waited
for a response from your Dell rep....and you should have. In the end, it
doesn't matter where you get components such as keyboards, mice, etc....it
comes down to price combined with comfort level you have with the vendor. If
someone here recommends a vendor, it is because they had a good experience
and felt that they got good value. Period.

More than once you've come here asking for advice and we've tried to help,
only to be told you've gone in a different direction without waiting for the
advice you specifically requested. Thus aggravated the group, because we
could have taken our time to help someone else who was willing to wait and
take advice, or because we could have done something else more productive
with our time.

Friendly suggestion....if you are willing to wait for the consensus of the
group, then ask a question. If you can't or aren't willing to wait, then
respect the group's time (and save some face for yourself) by not posting in
the first place.

The same would apply to your Dell rep or any other party from whom you are
trying to solicit advice or assistance.

Just my $0.02. YMMV, especially if you stopped reading before you got this
far because you decided to try and find a bigger, better answer.

Jonathan - Thumb typed from my HTC Droid Incredible (and yes, it really is)
on the Verizon network.
On Feb 24, 2011 9:14 AM, "John Aldrich" <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com>
wrote:
> True. HOWEVER, this time, I take the list advice, even going so far as to
> use a recommended vendor, and now you guys have the nerve to cry
"foul"?!?!?

> You guys need to decide if you want me to follow your advice or not. Yes,
> do have a tendency to be impatient. I know that, and I'm working on it.
But