I havent heard of anything along these lines, but check your logs for what
has been installed/changed recently so you can narrow your field of
research.

It sounds like a simple case of profile corruption cause usually by an
ungraceful shutdown - but the part that doesn't make immediate sense to me
is why logging on with another account would correct the issue without any
other efforts.

--
ME2

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:14 AM, John Aldrich
<jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com>wrote:

> We have a workstation running Windows XP that controls a proprietary piece
> of hardware. The machine is NOT attached to the active directory, although
> it is on the network. The proprietary software that runs on it was set up
> under the Administrator account and **has** to run under the Admin account
> or it barfs as it requires a keylock and won’t see that keylock if you try
> to run it as another user (it thinks you’re trying to violate the license
> agreement.)
>

> Today, they rebooted the machine and the “Administrator” account was
> nowhere to be seen and it wouldn’t let me log on as the administrator until
> I logged in as someone else first. I have fixed that using TweakUI to change
> the default logon credentials, but I’m wondering if anyone here knows of any
> recent updates that would have caused the behavior to change?
>

> [image: John-Aldrich][image: Thread-Count]

> To manage subscriptions click here:

<<image002.jpg>>

<<image001.jpg>>