additional codes.

Suggestions?  A GUI would be helpful to see all this MS licensing crap.

Tom

>>> "Kennedy, Jim" <kennedy...@elyriaschools.org> 3/15/2011 12:21 PM >>>

Just need to watch your licensing Groups. That one caught me.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff793412.aspx

And remember, you do NOT put a license key in the clients. Just in the KMS
host. If you add them to the clients it makes them KMS Hosts, and you have lots
of little KMS hosts all over the place. Not that we ever did that, I just heard
it was bad.  J

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:35 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: KMS licensing question

Folks,

I am moving to KMS licensing here for Office 2010 and Windows 2008 servers.
The KMS host is a Windows 2008 R2 server.

I looks like all I need to do is add the licenses, then activate them?  I have
a number of KMS codes each for Office 2010, Windows 2008, Windows 7, since we
purchase them as needed.  I recall seeing previous posts where you guys had
some issues with KMS and would like to avoid that, if possible.

Thanks,

Tom

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.