I can see the help desk calls now: "I can't log in. Nope. No error message,
it just won't let me in."

Probably better to check for the drive existence, toss a helpful error
message, and prompt for a manual mapping if it doesn't exist. Or better yet,
fix the back-end issues that result in no home drive mapping.

Dumping a user out of their session because an IT process doesn't work
doesn't sound like the best possible solution...

***********************
Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ
***********************

<cameron.orl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>                               Scheduled Task? Seems like you're making a
mountain out of a
> mole hill. How is that better than tying to the logon process that they
have to do
> anyways?
>

>                               On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM, James
Rankin
> <kz2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>                                       I'm maybe thinking something like
that is better than
> tying it to the logon process, yes. Probably a scheduled task on a DC or
some such like.
> Obviously targeted to a group to avoid picking up admins and the like.
>

>                                       On 17 March 2011 14:05, Guyer, Don
> <don.gu...@fiserv.com> wrote:
>

>                                               How about running a script
against AD that
> queries that setting, to look for any empty values?
>

>                                               Don Guyer
>
>                                               Windows Systems Engineer
>
>                                               Datasafe Platform
>
>                                               Enterprise Technology Group