Wow.  I might bite the bullet and buy one.

Looking around, looks like I can get a PCI-X SSD card that is big enough for
a boot drive+my docs for around $200.  I had no idea they were this cheap!

From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 8:09 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OTish: SSDs and cool PCs

Someone opens Windows Media Player / iTunes / Media Monkey. If your music
library is on your SSD, then populating the list of albums and cover art is
near instantaneous.

Opening the "Recent Item" in Windows 7 (or the Start menu in previous
versions) is instantaneous

Search in Outlook is instantaneous (as is Windows search)

There are many benefits to just putting everything except the most bulky
storage onto an SSD. I even put my testing VMs on SSDs now (if I can)

Cheers

Ken