Promote it.

Sent from my HTC Tilt™ 2, a Windows® phone from AT&T

________________________________
From: Phil Hershey <phers...@agia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:27 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Subject: RE: Group Enumeration Issue

Hi, Michael.

Global distribution.

From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:23 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

What kind of group?

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com

From: Phil Hershey [mailto:phers...@agia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:59 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Group Enumeration Issue

Odd problem that has just cropped up.  Domain with 4 DC’s in 2 sites that are
T3 connected, only about 350 users, native 2003 mode.  We have a problem with
resolving the members of a single one of our ~100 distribution groups.  The
server that holds all but one of the FSMO roles correctly shows all the member
groups and users for this DL.  If I go to the Members tab for this DL on any of
the other DCs, the members box is empty.  However if you try and add one of the
groups or users that is actually already in this DL, you get a ‘account name is
already a member of the local group’ error.  REPLMON shows all successful
replications, and a REPADMIN /syncall DC /force all shows completion without
errors.  Seems like we’ve got a problem with versioning on the DCs.  They’re
all Server 2003 32-bit Std Edition and fully patched.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Phil Hershey
MCSE 2003: Security | MCITP - Enterprise Messaging Admin 2010
AGIA Insurance Services

or send an email to

or send an email to

or send an email to