I have a bit of an urgent problem. I have a Win2003 server, and I needed
to run CHKDSK on the X: drive (a SAN drive that we use to write disk
backups to). So it is NOT running CHKDSK the boot drive, or the drive
where programs are installed; the X: drive is just for disk backup (EMC
Networker).

X: is, however, like 2 TB in size ... mostly empty, tho, as the backup
to disk has not been working. (mostly meaning maybe 200-300G, probably
less, used space).

Chkdsk has been running for like 75 minutes, and I have no way of
estimating how much longer it will take.

So my questions:

1. There's no way to interrupt it, except to power down. But will it
corrupt the machine? I don't really care if the X: drive is corrupt, as
long as it boots up and the Lotus Notes services run (none of which are
installed on X:, everything is to drive E:, a separate SAN drive).

2. If I do power it down, will it insist on running CHKDSK when it comes
up? I need to get the server back into production, and can't really wait
for CHKDSK to finish on that drive.

Any help REALLY appreciated, thanks.

(yes, I'm an idiot)