Thanks for the advice.

Gpotool indicates the policy is ok.

Gpresult /v results seem ok, but the policy in question displays oddly in the
results. The policy settings are under Computer Configuration/Windows
Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options:

"Eventlog: Security descriptor for Application event log"

With additional settings for each log were collecting. The results from
gpresult show the following:

GPO: <policy name>
Policy: N/A
ValueName: machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\eventlog\directory
service\customsd
Computer Setting: <the settings>

What is odd is that the policy is only referenced once, even though it should
configuring up to 6 settings. Also, the policyname shows "N/A".

I tried comparing gpresults to a server where the policy apppears to apply
correctly, but the only one I'm aware of is a domain controller and the format
of the results are completely different.

Please bear with me if I'm not providing enough information. We're blocking
GMail at %work% until we get patch 2524375 deployed, so I'm doing this from my
iPhone.