Check CDW, etc for the battery.  They may have an after-market replacement
for perhaps $250.  Then decide, but I'd definitely NOT chuck the UPS!
--
richard

John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com>
04/04/2011 08:24 AM
Please respond to
"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>

"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
 Press this button if the "To" is a fax number. Enter in the fax number
like 123-456-7890.
cc

Subject
Battery replacement for APC UPS (out of warranty)

I've got an APC SmartUPS 1500RM2U that is showing a critical alarm on the
battery. APC wants $350 for a replacement battery. Should I just chuck the

whole thing and get a whole new UPS or should I buy an APC battery or an
after market battery?
I *am* somewhat in a hurry, but I'll at least wait a few hours before
pulling the trigger on anything. :-)
--
Thanks,
John Aldrich