I've honestly never seen any in-depth comparisons on the performance
differences between RAID 0+1 and RAID 10. This article provides a clear
explanation on the fault tolerant differences between the two (RAID 10
allowing for a greater combination of drive failures).

http://www.aput.net/~jheiss/raid10/

- Sean