From:   Jon Harris <jk.har...@gmail.com>
To:     "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Date:   04/11/2011 04:40 PM
Subject:        Re: OT: Media Center tuner card for Comcast

May be OT but I am interested in this as well.  Thank you for asking.

Jon

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Erik Goldoff <egold...@gmail.com> wrote:
Now since Comcast has been digital, the old analog tuner card in my 5+
year old XP Media Center pc won’t tune in even the ‘free’ cable channels.
The HP PC is so old that it does not have any of the slot types that the
newer cards fit.

I’m thinking of building a new, Windows 7 based media center system, and
wonder if any of you that are also Comcast customers have done the same
successfully.  If so, what tuner card (make and model) did you use and do
you recommend it for others ?

Thanks in advance

Erik Goldoff
IT  Consultant
Systems, Networks, & Security
'  Security is an ongoing process, not a one time event ! '

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.