From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:25 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Scheduled tasks on a 2008 R2 box

2008 R2 seems to have a vast array of pre-configured scheduled tasks. I can see
the benefit from stuff like the Time Sync, IP address conflict, and Disk
Defragmenter, but are all the others strictly required? I'm trying to
streamline Terminal Services boxes and I'm thinking about disabling some of
these tasks, are there any gotchas I should be aware of?

TIA,

JRR

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into the
machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s)
named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or
unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of
humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient,
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised
(either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere
other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no grammatical use
and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email,
although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.
Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to
learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning
backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer
you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received
this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in
a warm oven for 40 minutes.

or send an email to