We're using Dell MD-1000 drive arrays for our disk backups.  SAS connected, no
issues with performance.

>>> Bob Hartung <bhart...@wiscoind.com> 04/19/11 8:03 AM >>>
I have a remote location with a single Dell 2900 (Win2K3) server. In addition
to being the solitary file server, it also runs Arcserve Disk-to-Disk-Tape to
back up itself as well as a windows phone server, a couple of PCs dedicated to
special functions and 14 PCs.

Room for the Disk-to-Disk-Tape is getting slim so I'm looking for external
storage to store the Disk-to-Disk stuff as well as Acronis workstation image
files.

I'm interested in the Qnap TS-559 Pro II Turbo NAS. It has every connection
option (including USB 3.0). I initially plan to connect it to the Dell 2900's
2nd gigabit ethernet port but I'd have both eSATA and USB 3.0 as options if
more performance is necessary.

Anyone using this unit or similar? I'd be grateful for feedback.

Thanks.

Bob Hartung
Wisco Industries, Inc.
736 Janesville St.