I have seen a colleague setup a windows media server to distribute student
produced videos.  Might be a good place to look into.

Regards,

Scott

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Ben N <bennordlan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bueller?
>
> No hard feelings if no one has ideas for this.
>

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Ben N <bennordlan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for some software that can do this.
>>
>> 1. domain users can upload video to an internal webpage we host, or maybe
>> to a file share
>> 2. video is accessible from a HTTPS URL that we host that prompts for
>> domain username/password (basic auth over HTTPS most likely on an IIS
>> server)
>> 3. video is played using an embedded flash/silverlight player
>>
>> software could convert videos to a single format if required to play in a
>> web player
>> We want to support command file types, ie. mp4, mpg, avi, wmv, etc..
>>
>> any ideas or solutions you already have implemented?
>> I don't really feel like hiring out devs to do this, hoping something like
>> this already exists.
>>
>> -BenN
>>
>> ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
>> ~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~
>>
>> ---
>> To manage subscriptions click here:
>> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
>> or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
>> with the body: unsubscribe ntsysadmin

> To manage subscriptions click here:

*Scott Wilhelm*

SLL BOCES Central Office (Tue):  315.386.4504 x 10134
Massena Central (Mon, Wed-Fri):  315.764.3700 x3046

*“The harder I work, the luckier I get. “*  -Samuel Goldwyn

*‎**"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team
work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." -*Vince Lombardi