Good question...

Can the IOS be upgraded from Base to Enterprise and require no down-time
aside from a possible re-boot?  Is there any danger of our current
configurations being altered in the process?  Just in case, although I
have an export of our config file, can that be imported back into the
switch to restore settings?

If, aside from the fact that Cisco will probably charge us as much for the
Enterprise upgrade as they do for an actual switch, the upgrade from Base
to Enterprise is pretty painless, then there is no reason to not upgrade.

Thanks...
--
richard

Don Ely <don....@gmail.com>
04/22/2011 11:35 AM
Please respond to
"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>

"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
 Press this button if the "To" is a fax number. Enter in the fax number
like 123-456-7890.
cc

Subject
RE: OSPF on Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch?

Why can't you upgrade the IOS?
On Apr 22, 2011 9:33 AM, <richardmccl...@aspca.org> wrote:
> Of coarse, if our IOS does not support BGP (as well as not supporting
> OSPF), this does not help us much.
>
> We are checking with the engineer of our provider as to whether adding a

> device (which does support OSPF) would also present a traffic bottleneck

> in our routine traffic flow.
>
> Thanks...
> --
> richard
>
> Don Ely <don....@gmail.com> wrote on 04/22/2011 11:19:30 AM:
>
>> You could but my preference is a single protocol if its possible. We
>> have a dual mpls WAN with dual internet circuits and use only BGP.
>> On Apr 22, 2011 8:49 AM, "Brian Desmond" <br...@briandesmond.com>
wrote:
>> > It's probably actually a mix of both.
>> >
>> > You'd want to use BGP to publish yourself to the Internet given
>> the multiple entry points, but, OSPF would be used over the private
>> link to handle the internal routes.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Brian Desmond
>> > br...@briandesmond.com<mailto:br...@briandesmond.com>
>> >
>> > c - 312.731.3132

com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00801cc828.
>> shtml

VLANs.