in the private sector where you're not required to jump through a bunch of
hoops to buy something.  Here, I have to go out and get 3 quotes no matter if
I'm buying a $50,000 item, or a $15.00 item.

>>> John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> 4/28/2011 7:50 AM >>>
Yeah... I thought about possibly having a spare power supply on-hand, but if
it's only going to go out once a year (so far, that's about what it's been)
then spending an extra $200+ to keep one sitting on the shelf is probably
not going to go over well with management (all about not spending any more
than we *have* to right now.) Especially when I can just swap out the "dead"
ASA for the old, but working Pix. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Heaton [mailto:jhea...@dfg.ca.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:49 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: ASA power supply

Well, CDW has always been a reliable vendor for us.  If their price is close
to the small businesses, go that route.  Or, just call a few of the vendors,
or look at the Better Business Bureau for negatives, etc.  Sometimes, you
just have to go with who can get it there the fastest, if this ASA is
causing a system outage.

And maybe this can be a lesson learned, to make a list of vital spare parts
that should be kept on hand...

>>> John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> 4/28/2011 7:44 AM >>>
Ok. I've found more vendors.... most of them are under $200, even for a new
one. At this point, I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a vendor. Most
of the online vendors showing up in Froogle are unknown to me, and I'd like
a recommendation from a fellow IT pro if anyone cares to give one.