From: Mayo, Bill [mailto:bem...@pittcountync.gov]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 10:51 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: VOIP design questions

Agreed.  We have been using Cisco-based VOIP for nearly 10 years.  I had some
concerns about the bandwidth and putting the phones between the computers and
switches in the beginning, but it has really been a non-issue.  We do use a
different VLAN for the voice traffic and have all POE switches.  We use all
Cisco gear (phones, switches, call manager), so I can't speak for other
vendors, but our stuff has been very solid.

Bill Mayo