Hello Folks,

I had a server failure over the weekend (2008):  a hard drive failed and that
somehow killed the server.  It was raid 5, but somehow the raid config insisted
it was raid 0.  Weird.  Server was old anyway.  Off to pasture...

I use DFS to copy user files onto a large storage server so I can copy those
files elsewhere and create new shares in a pinch like this.  That worked fine.

Anyone have a powershell script to update the users' home folder en masse?  I'm
not up to speed on powershell, and that could have saved me some time.

Anyone have a method to quickly update GPOs with path information?  For
example, change server1\share to server2\share ?

As for my drive maps that point to DFS shares, I suppose those will go to the
next server in another site?  I have a few DSF name spaces with one server at
HQ a member, the one that failed, and other members are servers in other Sites.

Server was not a DC/DNS/DHCP server so removing from AD will be easy enough.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tom

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.