Why not just redirect My Documents and the Desktop to the NAS device,
assuming the NAS device is being backed up already.

Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: jesse-r...@wi.rr.com [mailto:jesse-r...@wi.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:48 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: backing up user's data

We have a file server where users SHOULD be storing their data.  However,
users still continue to store their data in My Document and their Desktop.

I am being told to come up with a solution to backup THAT data.  We do NOT
have BackupExec or any other paid-for backup program.  We backup data on
the file server to a USB drive using the built in MS Backup tool that is
part of SBS2003.

Any ideas on the best automated way to backup 10 or so user machines with
their Desktop and My Documents data to a single shared location (we have a
large NAS device which has plenty of space and is shared out).

Thanks