Tried that, do File | Get External Data | Import, select the old 97 db, and
it bombs with "operation invalid without a current index". It then offers me
an Import Objects dialog, which is completely empty. Sounds like not only is
this ancient, it may well be damaged or erroneous too. When I try to "Repair
Database" from 97, it tells me there is an index problem. My day just keeps
getting better :-(