From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 10:17 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Win 7 Start Menu.... arrrgghhhh

Okay, I've Googled this and I've searched through previous threads on this
list, but I cannot seem to find an answer to a question that I'm sure a ton of
people have had.

I have an app (home made in PowerBuilder) that runs off a network drive. I want
to add the shortcut to the .exe file to the Start Menu in Windows 7.  But, I
can't. I can't drag it. I can't right click and select "Pin to Start Menu"
because that option is not there. The only suggestion I've seen when I Googled
it was to create a folder on the desktop with the shortcut in it, then create a
new toolbar and point it to that folder. That's rather kludgy.

Any way to work around this seemingly bizarre new restriction?

Thanks,

Evan

or send an email to