On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Ken Schaefer <k...@adopenstatic.com> wrote:
> ... 10 years ago. If that’s when the app was developed, the programmers
> probably
> didn’t know better ...

  That excuse gets tossed around a lot -- "we weren't being attacked
then", or "this is a new threat".  I consider it bull.

  Computer security is *not* a recent field of study.  The fact that
one's industry/region/company/city block/programming language/whatever
hasn't been hit before does not mean security is unimportant.  Sadly,
most managers don't seem to appreciate that.

-- Ben