I don’t know if that would work, but I think it would.
Normally when users connect to a server\print-share if the printer drive is
newer than what is already installed or doesn’t match what is on the
workstation, the workstation gets updated.

From: Don Kuhlman [mailto:drkuhl...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 4:52 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Printer/Print server migration from 2003 32 bit to 2008R2 64 bit

Glenn, does that mean as long as the share names match, then the users will
still be able to print (no user impact) without re-creating their existing
printers, even if the backend drivers are 64 bit and may be differently named?

That would be great - because now I've just noticed a new issue - it looks like
the concept of exporting the hklm\system\currentcontrolset\lanmanserver\shares
key to grab the shares isn't working going from 32 bit to 64 bit.  I may have
to manually recreate all the shares too now.

Thanks much!

Don