Look, you are the administrator.  You're best bet is to return equipment in
the fashion the user expects it to be.

It's a function of Murphy that users will always call at inconvenient
times.  For example, last year, I'm on vacation in Seattle when a client
calls about a problem.  Nevermind I'm about to get aboard a ship heading to
Alaska.  Now, they didn't call because of anything I did, but because Murphy
struck.  If Murphy had been particularly nasty he would've called when we
were at sea, and my phone was off.