In the course of a lawsuit, I need to provide copies of some user home
folders. These folders are set so that the user in question is the
owner, and no one else has access on the NTFS permissions. (it's a home
folder, after all). So the problem comes in when I do a restore of these
folders to a new location for the lawyers. They want to copy the files
onto a portable hard drive they bring with them. Of course, in order to
do this, I have to seize ownership and put my account on the security,
else I can't read the files at all (the folders are set to not inherit
permissions).

This changes the modification date to the date I do the seizing, and
that upsets the lawyers.

And I can't really think of a way around that. I can't change the
original folder security, and my backup program (EMC Networker) doesn't
have an option to restore without Windows security. And the lawyers
don't want the tape with the backup on it - they have to have it on
their external drive.

I can't think of a way they can copy the folders to their external drive
that doesn't include me seizing ownership and therefore screwing up the
modification date.

Anyone?

Thanks