From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Woah... why am I brain cramping on this!? (Folder permissions)

The interesting NTFS permissions on the directory that is shared
(K:\Groups) for my example are:
     Domain Users: Read-Execute - This folder only
          Read-Execute permissions include:
               Traverse Folder/Execute File
               List Folder/Read Data
               Read Attributes
               Read Extended Attributes
               Read Permissions

On the next subdirectory (K:\Groups\Dummy), it's
     Domain Users: Read-Execute - This folder only

On the subdirectory K:\Grouups\Dummy\Private (which is meant only for
members of that department), the permissons are:
    DepartmentMembers: Modify - This folder, subfolders and files

On the subdirectory k:\Groups\Dummy\Public (which is meant to be R-O
for Domain users, but departement members have read-right), the
permissions are:
     Domain Users: Read-Execute - This folder, subfolders and files
     DepartmentMembers: Modify - This folder, subfolders and files

Kurt