I had something happen yesterday that I'm still trying to figure out.  Had to
clone a user's profile folder under Win7 Pro 32-bit when their IE config got so
messed up they couldn't use any sites with scripting, even after I reset all
the IE settings.  When I was copying over the user's Documents folder, there
were about 6 files which I couldn't copy, got "Access denied".  I took
ownership of the files using the file-properties/security/advanced method but
that didn't allow me to copy the files either.

I figured it was something with Windows security or permissions, so I booted
using my SystemRescueCD, mounted the NTFS drive, and tried to copy the files.
I got "Permission denied" UNDER LINUX, no Windows security involved at all.

I took a shaky cellphone picture of the SysResCD screen and here is my best
guess as to the filenames:

Files are in an Adobe folder under user's folder,

...\Purchased_Fonts\Linotype Fonts\Documents\Font related\Linotype Font List.pdf
...\Purchased_Fonts\Linotype Fonts\Documents\Font related\Features.pdf
...\Purchased_Fonts\Linotype Fonts\Documents\??????\EULA_???.pdf
...\Purchased_Fonts\Linotype Fonts\Trademarks\Trademark.pdf
...\Purchased_Fonts\Linotype Fonts\Fonts\Optima\OpenType ???\Optima???.?tf

Anyone ever seen anything like this or have a possible workaround?

User is functional, haven't heard any whines about fonts not working.