Not trying to be a Google fan-boy here, but I'd say thats a matter of
opinion.  I still compare the two search engines occasionally with the help
of Firefox add-ons, and I still find the Google results are more relevant.

If Google is making their interface look more like Bing - whatever. I
preferred Google from the beginning for its straight-forward simplicity, and
second for its increasingly better results. Ultimately that position became
reversed as search engines improved, and now I want the best results
possible.

Everyone is always copying and "borrowing" appearances.  As long as its fast
and intuitive, I'm cool with it - but I prefer Google's plainer and less
distracting appearance.

As with the great Microsoft/Apple debates; in the end, I still say its whats
under the hood that counts.  Until Bing starts showing better results than
Google, I could care less who looks like what.  I'll change the theme or use
Greasemonkey so it looks how I want it to.

And back to the debate at-hand:  I have seen evidence that suggests and/or
proves that Bing was trolling Google. Going off-of Microsoft's response,
Bing cheats their relevance matching and will return obscure results because
of the actions of end-users.  Do you know what that results in?  Websites
dedicated to making fun of similar problems, such as 'autocompleteme'.

And I'd still like to see how Microsoft's response directly correlates with
what Google was able to establish.

--
Espi