From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:05 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: vSphere 5 - Big License Changes

I expect that Xen/Hyper-V will soon decide they want a piece of the pie.

The kye point here is that 4.1 isn't going to stop working and will be
supported for a long time to come, so it's not like we have to decide what to
do now, as I understand it.

It strikes me that as a small shop (in vSphere terms) we're "better" off I
suspect than a shop with Enterprise licenses and 250gb/ram per host - it
suggests true big enterprise customers will be far more badly hit than SMB's.