From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: 13 July 2011 15:44
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Security and maintenance on virtual co-lo servers

Our website was attacked and malware posted on it apparently over the
weekend. I'm not sure, but I don't think there is any antivirus /
anti-malware on the virtual server we are renting. Who's responsibility is
it *normally* to handle security and Microsoft updates on a virtual server?
I don't know the terms of our contract, so I can't say whether or not the
hosting company is in violation of those terms or not. Just wondering how
these things normally work.

Thanks!

~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~ ~ <
http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 100 1464 84

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of
the intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete
it and notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy,
forward or otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is
prohibited.