> libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

That might be related to mesa.  I don't know much about all this, but do
you have mesa installed?  I do remember similar issues the first time I
installed Nuke on Mint a long time ago, and that came from a bad graphics
driver--Mint offers three and the default one did not work for Nuke.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM, adam jones <adam....@mac.com> wrote:

> hi there
>
> I am trying to set up a nuke 7.0v2 install on fedora 18 (not Live CD)
> mainly just a learning experience with linux.
>
> I have fedora 18 installed on a macbook pro 3.1
>
> plroblem being is when I goto start up nuke I get the splash screen then
> about 5 secs later just fades away.
>
> the error message I get in the terminal is :
>
> libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
> libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
> libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
> X Error: GLXBadContext 170
>   Extension:    153 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 6 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x2800066
> X Error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation) 11
>   Extension:    153 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0xfe
> X Error: GLXBadContext 170
>   Extension:    153 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 6 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x280006c
> X Error: GLXBadContext 170
>   Extension:    153 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x2800066
> X Error: GLXBadContext 170
>   Extension:    153 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 6 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x2800071
> X Error: GLXBadContext 170
>   Extension:    153 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x2800066
> X Error: GLXBadContext 170
>   Extension:    153 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 6 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x2800082
> [xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
> [xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not
> been called
> [xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
> Nuke7.0: xcb_io.c:273: poll_for_event: Assertion
> `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
>

> anyone have some suggestions at to what I need to do?
>
> -adam

"Attention, attention. Here and now, boys," the mynah repeated. "Here and
now, boys."