I guess it would be possible to list all commands hotkeys in some way through
python? As far as I know nuke usually uses lower case characters as hotkeys,
therefore I usually assign upper case ones to my gizmos and scripts. Before
assigning I simply test if the hotkey does anything.

But If wanted to satisfy your question I would have to feed python with
abcd.../ABCD... and another round with Ctrl+abcd.../ABCD...

But as far as I know there isn't a way to have python return a node or function
from such input. Maybe there is some workaround to do this. But then again, you
could probably just as well use the hotkey cheat-sheet that used to be
available on nukepedia.

Cheers,
Elias