RV's EXR performance is generally pretty bad with compression, and its performance characteristics are counter to Nuke's in that it tends to work better with bigger compression blocks (ZIP, PIZ, etc). I wouldn't get your hopes up (especially not at 4k) unless you're using DWA/DWB or uncompressed.

-Nathan

-----Original Message----- From: Hugo Léveillé
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:29 PM
To: nuke-users@support.thefoundry.co.uk
Subject: [Nuke-users] 4k exr playback

Hey guys

Anyone of you ever tested 4k 16 bits exr in zip1 in RV for realtime playback? We have a 1.4 gigabytes raid so the bandwidth is not the problem as we need something like 900MB.

But the CPU is dying when decompressing the frames. Before trying something else, anyone successfully played this in realtime in RV?

DPX is playing fine be we are trying to make a exr only workflow.

Thanks