Frank and Frank,

Thanks for the feedback! I have of course considered CentOS because it's
the most frictionless support experience. But I decided to try Mint (xfce)
because of recommendations, and because I wanted something more user
friendly that was more suited to a small setup rather than something that
needs to scale for a large facility.

I'm trying Ubuntu as well, because it's the default install on my new
workstation and is quite popular in production - I used it recently at a
small shop and it worked fairly decently. Overall, I appreciate that there
is some flexibility on the Foundry's part as far as support goes, because I
just dropped the cash for my own license!

Cheers,
Michael