Hi Don

I had a cursory glance through this and was immediately worried about the
upfront section on light wrap (don't worry read on).

I battle a lot with mid level and sometimes senior artists with light wrap.
Often I'm presented with s shitty comp with light wrap thrown on top to
disguise it. So I make them take it all off and improve the key.

However I was pleased that you go into the need for this to be subtle and in
your example it is subtle.

The only thing is, I teach this as blending the fg and bg colours due to the fg
being sampled against green rather than a true bg colour. When you remove the
green you don't get the bg pixels' blend you get the same pixels without green.
Hence the need to blend the bg colours and mimic a  camera sample against the
bg.

Lightwrap to me is taking the brightest parts of the image, assessing whether
or not they would bleed into the FG (like a light source would) and then blend
this in someway.

It may be semantics but I find talking about how pixels are sampled in a camera
and hoe they create an average* colour at that point (*over simplification I
know) and why you need to 'resample' against the BG useful. Then lightwrap
becomes a technique of it's own.

So in your example the feet would need a blend too, and light wrap would be
applied on top.

As I say it was a cursory read so may have missed you make this point earlier.

Nice work though.

Howard