Hi all,

I feel somewhat stupid asking this but I can't figure it out.
I want a Text layer to show up on black, before a clip underneath starts playing. So I have two tracks, the top one with the text starting at the first frame, the bottom one with the clip starting a couple of seconds later. I can't get the text to show up unless there is a clip underneath, which is somewhat frustrating as I want it on black. I tried to put the Text onto a blend track as well as a normal track but to no avail.

The only way I have been able to do this is by putting a part of the clip underneath the text but grading it down to black (since there still isn't a black slug/constant to do these sort of things).

Is this really what it takes or am I being thick and not seeing the obvious solution?

Cheers,
frank

--
ohufxLogo 50x50 <http://www.ohufx.com>

*vfx for storytellers <http://www.ohufx.com>*

*vfx compositing <http://ohufx.com/index.php/vfx-compositing> | *workflow customisation & consulting <http://ohufx.com/index.php/vfx-customising>**

*W E L L I N G T O N    |    N E W   Z E A L A N D *