Hi again Holger (and Nuke-Python list members),

I’ve now added basic support for guessing the framerange when you generate
a Read node without it having disk access to its footage.

If you’ve selected a Write node, the limited range defined in the Write
node will be used (if enabled). If you’ve selected any other kind of node
or in case you didn’t enable the limit range feature, the incoming
framerange to the selected node will be read and used.

We previously discussed reading Nuke’s project settings. However, in my
experience users not often set the framerange of their script here. Also,
you may have different frameranges for different Write nodes. I find using
the incoming framerange from the upstream node tree is a better alternative
as it takes into consideration the framerange on a per-tree basis.

Link: http://www.nukepedia.com/python/misc/readfromwrite
Please let me know what you think.

Changelog:

   - v2.3:
      - Bug fix: crash when knob “use_limit” isn’t available on node
      - Accidentally left ReadFromWrite() at bottom of script in v2.2
   - v2.2:
      - Support for nodes with filepath which does not exist on disk
      (will read Write node settings or incoming framerange)
      - Support for additional Read/Write node option “raw”

Cheers,
Fredrik

​