No problem here but we own shotgun.  We do everything via shotgun though,
not rv.  There is a shotgun-dev group on google groups you could complain
on which may get you somewhere.

I wish we could use Hieroplayer but it is just missing way too many
features compared to RV.  RV can easily do color operations and basic slap
compositing but Hieroplayer stupidly has all the NS soft effects stripped
out (lame).  Who doesn't have burnin's/overlays in a basic flipbook
player?  RV I can write a glsl shader to do latlong to equirectangular
conversion for preview, Hieroplayer...nope, only in the 10k NS with
blinkscript to playback a basic file.