Just as the title suggests, is there a difference between using
nuke.show(node) and node.showControlPanel()?

I'm trying to create a bunch of text2 nodes via python, but they're not
displaying properly unless I show the control panel before creating and
modifying knobs. It seems there are a lot of issues with using text2 nodes.
Curious if using either was preferable.

For my example:

file_show = "This is a test"

text_show = nuke.nodes.Text2 ( name = "Show" )

nuke.show(text_show)

text_show.knob('message').setValue(file_show)

text_show.knob('translate').setValue([360 , -(project_height-820)])

text_show['global_font_scale'].setValue(.45)

text_show['font'].setValue("Arial" , "Regular")

text_show['yjustify'].setValue(2)

text_show.hideControlPanel()

When I run this, it works fine, but when I run multiple text nodes
sometimes they they don't update properly and/or the text inside the
message breaks. Sometimes it overlaps characters, sometimes it doesn't show
in the UI, etc. Any reason why that might happen?