Hey Fernando

Maybe you can give the code a spin under Valgrind. It's going to be slow,
but if the crash is being caused by memory corruption that happens all the
time as the process is running, maybe Valgrind will show it.

You need some Valgrind suppressions for Python. It seems the 2.3 source tree
didn't contain these yet, so try the one from trunk:

http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Misc/valgrind-python.supp?rev=47113&;
view=auto

I then run Valgrind as follows:

valgrind \
        --tool=memcheck \
        --leak-check=yes \
        --error-limit=no \
        --suppressions=valgrind-python.supp \
        --num-callers=20 \
        --freelist-vol=536870912 \
        -v \
        python foo.py

I recommend using the latest Valgrind (3.2.1) from here:

http://www.valgrind.org/downloads/current.html#current

A build from source should be as simple as ./configure && make.

Cheers,

Albert