David Douard wrote:
On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 05:26:47PM -0500, Jonathan Wang wrote:

I'm trying to write a Numpy extension that will encapsulate mxDateTime as a
native Numpy type. I've decided to use a type inherited from Numpy's scalar
double. However, I'm running into all sorts of problems. I'm using numpy
1.0b5; I realize this is somewhat out of date.

Hi, just to ask you: how is the work going on encapsulatinsg mx.DateTime
as a native numpy type?
And most important: is the code available somewhere? I am also
interested in using DateTime objects in numpy arrays. For now, I've
always used arrays of floats (using gmticks values of dates).

Thanks you,
David

It would be nice if dtype were subclassable to handle this sort of thing.

Colin W.