On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:05 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe remove the bit (of my text) that you crossed out, or removed the
>>> strikethrough and qualify?  At the moment it's confusing, because I
>>> believe what I wrote is correct, so leaving in there and crossed out
>>> looks kinda weird.
>>
>> Eh, it's a little weird because there's no specification needed
>> really, we can implement it any time we want to. It was stalled for a
>> long time because I ran into arcane technical problems dealing with
>> the MacOS linker, but that's solved and now it's just stalled due to
>> lack of attention.
>>
>> I deleted the text but feel free to qualify further if you think it's useful.
>
> Are you saying that we should consider this specification approved
> already?  Or that we should go ahead without waiting for approval?  I
> guess the latter.  I guess you're saying you think there would be no
> bad consequences for doing this if the spec subsequently changed
> before being approved?  It might be worth adding something like that
> to the text, in case there's somebody who wants to do some work on
> that.

It's not a PEP. It will never be approved because there is no-one to
approve it :-). The only reason for writing it as a spec is to
potentially help coordinate with others who want to get in on making
these kinds of packages themselves, and the main motivator for that
will be if one of us starts doing it and proves it works...

-n