Hi Chris,

I'm easily convinced - yes, your argument makes sense too.

Fortunately, at some level it doesn't affect what we do now. For 1.15
it should at least have a PendingDeprecationWarning. Since putting
that in place means that all tests involving matrices now fail by
default, it also becomes a good excuse to put all those tests together
in `libmatrix`, so that we can set an exception to the
warning=exception rule in one place. Hence, we automatically move
closer to making it possible to take matrix out.

In the meantime, for everybody, help with this initial step most
welcome! PRs to master or to mine.  (I'm at end of term and it's only
procrastination that made me start this...)

Thanks, all the best,

Marten