On 01/05/18 00:38, Eric Wieser wrote:

I think I’m -1 on this - this just makes things harder on the implementers of |_array_ufunc__| who now might have to work out which signature matches. I’d prefer the solution where |np.matmul| is a wrapper around one of three gufuncs (or maybe just around one with axis insertion) - this is similar to how np.linalg already works.

Eric

​