Oh wait, since the decorated version of the ufunc will be the one in the
public numpy API it won't break. It would only break if the callable that
was passed in *wasn't* the decorated version, so it kinda *has* to pass in
the decorated function to preserve backward compatibility. Apologies for
the noise.