On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:10 AM, Matti Picus <matti.pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If there is a desire to do a bug-fix release 1.14.5 I would like to try my
> hand at releasing it, using doc/RELEASE_WALKTHROUGH.rst.txt. There were a
> few issues around compiling 1.14.4 on alpine and NetBSD.
> Since 1.15 will probably be released soon, do we continue to push these
> kind of bug fixes releases to 1.14.x?
> Matti

We only need to make the release to fix the regressions. I was going to do
it today/tomorrow as I think we have now covered all paths through the ifs.
Usually it takes about 2-4 weeks for bug reports to settle out, but a think
we can be a bit sooner here and the next release will be 1.15.

If you want to give it a shot, go ahead. We need more people with some
experience in the process, not to mention new perspectives on the
walkthrough. I expect most of your time will be spent getting set up. I
think you will also need commit privileges on `MacPython/numpy-wheels`,
ping Matthew Brett for those. If you run into problems, let me know.

Chuck