On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 9:02 AM,  <einstein.edi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I might add that most duck array authors are highly unlikely to be newcomers
> to the Python space. We should just put a big warning there while enabling
> and that’ll be enough to scare away most devs from doing it by default.

That's a reasonable idea... a Big Obnoxious Warning(tm) when it's
enabled, or on first use, would achieve a lot of the same purpose.
E.g.

if this_is_the_first_array_function_usage():
    sys.stderr.write(
        "WARNING: this program uses NumPy's experimental
'__array_function__' feature.\n"
        "It may change or be removed without warning, which might
break this program.\n"
        "For details see
http://www.numpy.org/neps/nep-0018-array-function-protocol.html\n";
    )